Competitive Programs Intern - Tespa
Internship Term: Summer 2019
Competitive Programs Intern
Greetings, students! We are geared up and ready to roll out another round of epic internship experiences for summer 2019. Our internship program offers you the chance to put your skills to the test and work side-by-side with the Tespa team and other Blizzard Entertainment employees on real projects which will be seen and used by our players. Are you ready for the challenge?
While the internship program will test your mettle, we have planned out a summer which is fully immersive, engaging, and exciting! We want interns who are enthusiastic about their goals and who are motivated to evolve the college gaming landscape through Tespa, an international college gaming organization. You will be fully exposed to the Blizzard culture while contributing heavily to an extremely focused group which aims to jumpstart grassroots and amateur esports on a global scale. Working on our team will require communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and desires to learn and grow. Additionally, having experience in any student organization will go a long way in helping you to understand what our chapters go through during the academic year, but it is not absolutely necessary. Of course, we’re all gamers too, which means that having a passion for technology, esports, and gaming will always be a plus, regardless of the position. We can’t wait to meet you and shape the future this summer!
- Review and update tournament admin processes, documentation, and responsibilities for the upcoming school year
- Work with Tespa and game team stakeholders to execute collegiate summer leagues
- Create and update training materials and certification process for “level up” program to improve Tespa admins and other external resources
- Provide design input and research findings to Tespa team that help shape the next academic year of collegiate esports
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2019
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2019 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2019 – August 2019 or June 2019 – September 2019 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience hosting or administering competitive tournaments and events.
- Strong understanding of esports landscape and competitive formats.
- Extensive experience with Excel
- Computer Science or Programming Knowledge
- Recommended to be an active member of a Tespa chapter or a leader in the collegiate esports space
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2018.