Buyer - Richmond Refinery
The Buyer position provides procurement support for the Richmond Refinery.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Order placement, expediting and administration of routine (e.g. contract ‘call offs’) purchases. This may include catalyst, chemicals, salt, pipes valves/ fittings etc., and complex purchases and/or service orders (e.g. “single event” service orders, low-medium complexity engineered items and general labor orders).
- Prepares RFP/RFQ documents, performs commercial evaluations of supplier quotes, assists stakeholders with qualification (SQ), facilitates bid clarification meetings, provides recommendation for award and order generation.
- Negotiates with suppliers on behalf of the refinery regarding various commercial and operational matters related to orders including; surplus material returns, disposition and material and damage claims. Coordinates material shipments with suppliers and transportation companies as necessary and stays abreast of applicable HAZMAT and export compliance regulations.
- Efficient management of the Procurement through Payables process including advocacy for use of eProcurement tools and purchasing/contracting best practices. Ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase/service orders. Ensures purchasing activities are consistent with purchasing policies and philosophies (i.e. material standardization and use of contracts). Ensures compliance with Policy 530.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years demostrated Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer experience.
- Demostrate ability to work effectively in a muli-discipline environment, handling muliple projects with demanding schedules.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel Spreadsheets, Word, Email and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics, or Engineering
- SAP and/or Ariba knowledge
- Procurement and/or Materials Management in a refinery or similar operational environment.
- Experience in sourcing and negotiating contracts (Legal terms and conditions)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland