Our bus operators are the face of UTA! Safety and excellent customer service are the top priority for this position and UTA is working diligently to identify and hire the best and brightest for this critical role. Learn how to operate UTA passenger buses following UTA operating procedures, and keep customers and equipment safe. Enjoy performing standard pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections, communicating information to the dispatch center, customers and supervisors, answer questions from customers and others, collect passenger fare, and follow UTA guidelines, operating rules and procedures. If you are seeking a long-term, fulfilling career, consider becoming a Bus Operator for UTA. Opportunities for advancement are impressive, benefits are incredible, and the security of knowing you work for a highly successful and stable organization in service to the community brings a sense of peace, belonging, and progress.
Successful completion of UTA’s PAID Bus Operator Training/Certification Program, including passing all required exams.
- One year in a customer service role with ability to solve problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A safe driver with a valid driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drugs within the past 10 years.
- Familiar with the Wasatch Front.
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Communicate with supervisors and customers and maintain good interpersonal relations, both orally and over the radio
- Read and understand training materials, operating manuals and operating and safety rules directives
- Prepare legible written reports of incidents and accidents
- Operate any and all passenger buses safely
- Report for assigned shift on time
- Meet schedule demands, scheduled shifts, and scheduled departures
- Perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular walking, floor to waist lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally/carrying up to 15 lbs occasionally, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, balancing, bending, and prolonged periods of sitting and standing
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
an equivalent combination or relevant education and experience