Senior Office Specialist - Commuter Rail
Promotes customer focus (internal and external) as initial point of contact for Commuter Rail Business Unit. Assists Commuter Rail General Manager with developing and implementing programs, projects, processes, and systems to support the business unit in achieving high performance objectives. Assists in research and prepares reports, charts, logs, plans, letters, surveys, policies, procedures, and presentations for departmental, interdepartmental, and external communications, correspondence, and tracking. Appropriately handles highly sensitive and confidential information. Supports teams, committees, and individuals with performance and meeting management; utilizes agendas, minutes, calendaring/scheduling, organization/accountability tools, and recognition methods to increase effectiveness and achieve desired outcomes.
- Associate degree in Office Management, Business Administration (with clerical support course work), or related field
- Four years in an office setting providing office management, administrative or clerical support to include experience in office coordination between departments and/or divisions
- Customer service principles and application
- Office management and organization systems
- Type 65 words per minute (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency at the intermediate level in computer software applications including data entry, electronic document storage systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including editing/proofreading – able to pass Intermediate Grammar test.
- Able to perform data analysis, trending and tracking of data
- Communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Work independently and as a team member
- Work with limited supervision and take initiative
- Manage time effectively
- Prioritize job assignments; maintain maximum flexibility in daily activities
- Handle urgent and emergency requests as needed
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]