Assistant Project Manager
KHI Mechanical is a locally owned, growing mechanical contractor. We specialize in HVAC, and plumbing installation in commercial properties throughout Utah. We are looking for a project manager assistant to join our team and help contribute to our company’s continued growth and success.
Are you someone who:
- Is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment?
- Has prior project management experience and can navigate plans and specifications?
- Is proactive about making sure time lines are kept?
- Works collaboratively with team members?
- Takes initiative while being adaptable to change?
- Has strong problem-solving skills with tenacious follow through?
Here are your primary job responsibilities:
· Develop a good working relationship with the project manager and job superintendent
· Visit job sites and interact with project superintendent
· Attend and participate in job site meetings
· Field measure and review scope of work on site with installer
· Verify and update delivery and installation schedule
· Release of equipment and fixtures (including follow-up)
· Review scope of work and verify material on site delivery day
· Follow the installation process, order missing items, verify completion.
· Work with Project Manager to maintain schedule.
· Work with Project Manager to commission project
· Assemble O&M’s, Submittals, and start up manuals
· Review and respond to all punch list items.
Desired skills and experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma minimum or equivalent general education degree
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
- Experience handling multiple projects and strong client interface
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – adaptability
This is a full time or part time position with a pay based on experience. KHI offers Health care benefits, 401k program, vacation & holiday paid