Intern, Research and Development
Our Research and Development department is on the forefront of product development and innovation. It is easy to be dedicated when you’re a part of something much bigger than yourself. We’ve got an insatiable appetite for making a difference.
R&D will allow the successful candidate to greatly enhance their real life experiences and learn modern skill-sets within the field that he/she is studying. It is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience in the R&D lab and on the plant floor in the areas of pilot plant trials, shelf life, and an opportunity to learn about making our yogurt. The selected candidate will have the ability to participate in the enhancements and growth/upgrades of our existing processes.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Execute experiments based on project objectives, excellent record keeping, data collection and analysis
- Operate/troubleshoot pilot plant equipment, e.g. plate heat exchangers, dynamic mixers, homogenizers, separators, etc.
- Conduct analytical measurements like, pH, viscosity, density, able to design and execute shelf life studies, brix, total solids etc.
- Assist with Pilot Plant periodicals (cleaning) and equipment CIP’s
- Collect raw materials, cream, skim, white mass & fruit prep
- Set up and operate all laboratory machinery, including but not limited to all pilot plant equipment and basic lab testing equipment
- Participate in physical, chemical and sensory evaluation of food ingredients and finished products
- Understand and practice GMP, PPE, Allergen and Safety policy and procedures
- Other projects/duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- The R&D Intern should be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program and studying Chemistry, Micro-biology, or Food Science
- Strong written communication is required
- Previous experience within manufacturing is a plus, but not required
- MS Office Suite
- Web-based software programs
- Ability to work on a plant environment with exposure to loud, hot, cold, or wet environments
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and climb stairs for 8 hours per day
- Minimal lifting requirements - up to 25 lbs
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.