TVC seeks a qualified market analyst to join our Investments team. Our team assesses the commercial potential of innovations disclosed to our office and seeks a candidate to aid in the process by conducting market research. The position requires students to work no more than 19 hours per week with pay starting at $12.50/hr.
This analyst should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will gain broad experience in various aspects of market research for a wide array of innovation types.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepare market analysis reports for selected technologies
· Define and vet value propositions
· Determine market potential/opportunity
· Compare existing and pipeline products to proposed technology
· Utilize patents to determine key players and trends in the industry
· Identify and validate end-user pain points
· Discover and understand potential partners or customers
· Conduct surveys with industry experts to vet technologies and business models
- Education in Science or Engineering preferred
- Good people management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team or on an individual basis
- Attention to detail
- Professional writing skills
- Strong research and critical thinking skills