The purchasing intern will aid in achieving cost savings goals for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collect spend data, data specs, etc
· Assist in creating RFPs
· Contact suppliers
· Field / direct questions and answers
· Analyze proposals
· Analyze commodity trends
· Assist in counter proposals
· Assist in drafting contract
· Student pursuing Operations Management, Supply Chain or Engineering Degree
· Experience purchasing preferred.
· Excellent communication skills
· Works independently and proactively
· Strong leader and collaborator.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· ERP system knowledge
· Ability to multi-task
· Advanced Excel, SQL, Analytical Skills preferred
· Must have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Must be effective working on teams
20 - 40 hours / week (flexible with student class schedule)
$18 / hour
Will report to Sr. Global Supply Chain Manager.