Business Unit Manager
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Mondelez - The Company
Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world.
Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Business Unit Manager (BUM) directs and coordinates the production for all shifts of the operation in support of facility objectives. The BUM utilizes Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Principles to champion continuous improvement in the operation. The BUM Coordinates the operating budget process for variable labor, establishes KPI targets and directs capital investment planning for the Business Unit. He/she establishes and promotes a total quality system that effectively produces finished goods in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with established policies and procedures. He/she positions the Business Unit to meet network and facility goals and ensures that plant employees follow all local, state and federal health and safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA.
Position Purpose Statement
The Business Unit Manager (also the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Pillar Champion) leads one of the nine cross-functional teams (pillars) of the plant’s Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) structure. The person reports directly to the Site Lead, (Leadership Pillar Champion) and receives guidance from the Regional Supply Chain Excellence Organization
The AM Pillar Champion is responsible for managing the AM Pillar’s mission of building highly skilled leaders and technicians improving plant reliability by implementing work processes such as Daily Management Systems, Cleaning Inspection and Lubrication practices, Center lining and leading HPWS principles. Progressing the site through the seven steps of Autonomous Maintenance and six steps of Progressive Maintenance is critical to achieving the site Compelling Business need.
Essential Job Functions:
• Direct and manage all Business Unit resources to successfully deliver results in Quality, Cost, Safety, Delivery and employee Morale
• Sets and achieves aggressive goals for Plant Continuous Improvements
• Uses IL6S principles in Autonomous Maintenance and Progressive Maintenance work processes to maximize productivity and effectiveness
• Develop high performing work teams to meet changing needs of the business through a Servant Leadership approach.
• Effectively manages and coordinates Ops Budget, Planning, and relative Maintenance Planning efforts.
• Identifies opportunities and secures necessary resources to close all performance gaps.
• Actively participates and supports all Safety initiatives within
• Responsible for the development of Operations Personnel through effective training, succession planning, performance reviews and accountability
• Insures effective communications and relationships are developed and/or maintained with Corporate functions including RD&Q, Business Development, Engineering and CS&L
• Develops and implements both short-term and long term plans to align with plant vision and strategy
- BS in Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance or Related Field
- Minimum 8 years of cross-functional experience in Manufacturing, Engineering
(Prefer experience in a Production, Operations, Engineering, Logistics, and / or Project Management department at a TPM / IL6S organization)
- Relevant experience of minimum 5 years managing and leading people/ projects in a manufacturing environment
- Strong accountability and follow-through skills
- Must have a flexible schedule including some weekends and holidays, if needed
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end processes in Accountable Business Unit
- Strong knowledge of Commercialization Process
- Excellent Project Leadership / Management Skills
- Strong Computer Proficiency (All MS Office Applications)
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Superior Time Management, Prioritization and Budget Management Skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience leading or managing in a Continuous Improvement Production Environment (Minimum 3-5 years TPM, WCM, Six Sigma, Lean)
• Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certified
• TPM Certified
• Prior Union Experience
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.