Content Publishing Supervisor
Campbell Scientific -
At Campbell Scientific, we love creating products that help our clients make a difference in the world. From measuring weather atop Mt. Everest to water supply for the Panama Canal, our clients help society address the need for clean air, clean water, a good supply of food, reliable well-built infrastructure and safe, efficient transportation.
Campbell Scientific is a recognized world leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing environmental and infrastructure measurement and control systems. Our employees are devoted to maintaining our “innovative quality and dependable brand of choice” recognition. If you are looking for purpose in your work; striving to constantly learn and grow; have a strong work ethic, and value serving others; then join our high-energy team.
Job Title: Content Publishing Supervisor
Open date: August 12, 2019
Close date: August 30, 2019
Target hire date: September 16, 2019
Department: Sales and Marketing
Division: Creative Group
Classification: Regular Full-time
Status: Exempt, Salary
Location: Logan, UT
EEO job code / group: 2 / Professionals
CSI job code / group: 2 / Professionals
Reporting to: Creative Group Manager
The Content Publishing Supervisor oversees the publication of content marketing and promotional marketing through social media, video platforms, website, press releases, printed materials, etc.
Responsible for the review, formatting, and editing of content to be published via websites, newsletters, press releases, brochures, advertisements, social media, and other channels. Ensures that content supports the organization's marketing and public relations strategies and presents a consistent voice. Supervises a team of web content specialists, technical writers, editors, and interns, including assignment of projects and tracking deliverables.
Ensures that brand standards, specifications, and procedures are followed so that all content marketing and promotional material are brand appropriate.
Creates and manages a timely and relevant editorial calendar. Coordinates with management teams to ensure deadlines are met and content is appropriate. Responsible for QA associated with the release of new marketing content.
- Create content that supports marketing projects.
- Supervise technical writers and editors.
- Supervise direct reports’ daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Participate in and contribute to marketing sprints with global market groups to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Team development
- Work independently and in a team environment to complete tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Communicate with internal and external teams concisely and accurately.
- Oversee and manage the work of independent contractors and interns.
- Perform complex tasks typically following established processes.
- Step outside defined job boundaries as needed and appropriate to help the team succeed.
Required Technical and Functional Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team of technical writers and editors.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software and common collaborative software tools such as Planner and Teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of editing and publishing concepts and principles.
- Leadership/management/motivational skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire others through collaboration and influence.
- Team development skills
- Strong situational awareness and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
3+ years’ experience in technical writing and content publishing.
Content quality and accuracy.
Adherence to project deadlines.
Adherence to deadlines for publishing marketing content.
Customer engagement metrics
Cultural Values (ARCTIC -- Accountability, Respect, Client Centric, Teamwork, Innovation, Continuous Improvement)
Work Environment: General office work environment. Must be able to travel up to 10%.
Physical Requirements: Heavy use of computer systems and equipment. Extended sitting or standing at a desk or workstation. Must be able to lift, move, and position up to 50 lbs to heights up to 48 inches.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits provided.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
We are an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.