Campbell Scientific -
At Campbell Scientific, we love creating products that help our clients make a difference in the world. From measuring weather atop Mt. Everest to water supply for the Panama Canal, our clients help society address the need for clean air, clean water, a good supply of food, reliable well-built infrastructure and safe, efficient transportation.
Campbell Scientific is a recognized world leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing environmental and infrastructure measurement and control systems. Our employees are devoted to maintaining our “innovative quality and dependable brand of choice” recognition. If you are looking for purpose in your work; striving to constantly learn and grow; have a strong work ethic, and value serving others; then join our high-energy team.
Job title: Events Coordinator
Open date: August 13, 2019
Close date: August 30, 2019
Target hire date: September 16, 2019
Department: Sales and Marketing – Creative Group
Division: Sales and Marketing
Classification: Regular Full-time
Status: Exempt, Salary
Location: Logan, UT
EEO job code / group: 2 / Professionals
CSI job code / group: 2 / Professionals
Reporting to: Creative Group Manager
The Events Coordinator works closely with global marketing managers to strategically execute Campbell Scientific’s participation in industry conferences, trade shows and other related events. They organize special internal events, sales events, and marketing events that are designed to build brand awareness, engage and retain customers, and promote the organization's products and services.
- Coordinate events hosted by Campbell Scientific that are meant to assist the organization in meeting its strategic goals and in strengthening customer relationships.
- Coordinate Campbell Scientific’s participation in industry events such as conferences and trade shows to drive marketing initiatives forward.
- Participates in setting the strategic and creative direction associated with trade show booth design, layout, and presentation of selected marketing content and material at the event.
- Provides assistance and creative guidance for CS leadership events.
- Communicate with internal and external teams concisely and accurately.
- Work independently and in a team environment to complete tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Manage schedules, logistics, shipments, required materials, and equipment for trade shows and other related events.
- Manage inventory of all event display materials and coordinates with other CSI groups that may periodically use them.
- Coordinates with vendors that may assist in the creative design and direction of event booths, hardware, and other materials to promote CSI brand and customer engagement.
- Develop, manage, and track event budgets and report on return on investment and other associated marketing metrics to validate event results and effectiveness.
- Prepare post-event reports for market groups on expenditures, leads captured, and ROI from the event.
- Schedule and confirm locations and arrange for food, beverages, equipment, and other logistical requirements to drive event success and facilitate customer engagement.
- Negotiate contracts and secure any needed permits to ensure legal compliance.
- Schedule entertainment, speakers, or other guests for special events and coordinate all logistical aspects associated with their participation.
- Promote events, identify invitees, send invites, and track responses. Ensure operations run smoothly on the day of the event and that hosts are well supported.
- Step outside defined job boundaries as needed and appropriate to help the team succeed.
Required Technical and Functional Skills
- 2-4 years’ experience in events management.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software and common collaborative software tools such as Planner and Teams.
- Oral and written communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment for effective planning of conferences, trade shows and other events that build brand awareness and promote CSI products.
- Project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and execution of special events.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong situational awareness and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience (e.g., in events management).
- Content quality and accuracy.
- Adherence to project deadlines.
- Customer engagement metrics at external events.
- Customer satisfaction metrics at internal events.
- Budget adherence for special events
General office work environment. Must be able to travel up to 10%.
Heavy use of computer systems and equipment. Extended sitting or standing at a desk or workstation. Must be able to lift, move, and position up to 50 lbs. to heights up to 48 inches.
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits provided.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
We are an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.