2019 Technology Inside Track – Developer Summer 2020
Barclays Technology Diversity Event
This event gives talented juniors the opportunity to secure an internship with a world-class financial institution before most of their peers. As a candidate, you'll experience a condensed version of networking, training, and exposure to senior speakers. The day will include interviews at our Whippany office. Successful candidates will receive an offer to join Barclays Investment Bank for a 2020 summer internship in Technology.
At Barclays, we're committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone's perspective is valued. Our Technology Inside Track is designed to engage and educate high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including female, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and LGBTQAI students, as well as military veterans and students with disabilities.
- Applications Open: August 5, 2019
- Interviews: Rolling Basis
- Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
- Program Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
In order to quality, you must:
- be a first semester junior
- be available for a summer internship in 2020.
2020 Barclays Developer Summer Internship Program
As a Developer, you’ll be the brains behind the design, installation, testing and maintenance of existing and new systems. This is more than playing around with code; you will be playing a critical role in finding innovative solutions to complex problems, for our clients and customers daily.
You’ll develop a solid understanding of the global markets and finance and make an impact right away. You’ll work in a varied and dynamic technical environment that includes Windows, Unix, C++, Java, C#, NoSql, MongoDB, Linux, Python, Hadoop, scripting languages, grid computing and real-time systems. You may:
- design and innovate products using the newest technologies
- provide an intelligence-led approach to cyber security
- develop intuitive user interfaces for applications
- optimize systems and applications
- analyze code to improve processes
- write scripts for data pulls and analysis
- work with business areas to understand and meet their needs.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 83,500 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit joinus.barclays
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays