Environmental Scientist (Chemistry)
· Evaluates and summarizes scientific studies and data submitted to meet the Department’s requirements for registration of pesticide products in the area of chemistry (product chemistry and physical/chemical properties).
· Performs research, analysis, validation, and statistical examination of the submitted studies and data.
· Develops and writes technical reports and prepares regulatory and compliance documents and correspondence.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's or advanced degree with a major in a biological, chemical, physical, or environmental science, soil science, water science, hydrology, agronomy, natural resource science, environmental or public health, physical geography, or a closely related scientific discipline. (Admission to a masters or doctoral degree program as in the above scientific discipline shall be considered to meet these education qualifications.)
1) Create a CalCareer Account
2) Take the Self-Assessment Exam:
Within your account select “Exam/Assessment Applications”, in the search box type in “Environmental Scientist”
3) Apply for the Environmental Scientist (JC-179180):
In your account, select “Job Applications” and enter “Environmental Scientist”
For questions and help with the application process, please contact
Kean S Goh, PhD Kean.Goh@cdpr.ca.gov
Alexis Carriker, Phone: 916.445.6054 Alexis.Carriker@cdpr.ca.gov
California Department of Pesticide Regulation