The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are looking for an ENTITLEMENT SPECIALIST to become part of our organization.
- Provides job development, job training (both intensive and extended), advocacy and personal support & services where necessary to individuals in the Supported Employment Program.
- Able to follow directions, communicate clearly, perform simple math functions and have knowledge of basic weights and measures.
- Support Director of Business Services of Residential Services and Residential Directors in the day to day operations.
- Processing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program (SNAP) benefits for the people we support.
- Report to program management SNAP benefits received to allow for proper expensing at department level.
- Responsible for the process to obtain authorized representatives cards.
- Acts as a Liaison between Residential, Finance and DSS regarding benefit eligibility.
- Prioritize and process all Social security and DSS mail.
- Oversee earned income reporting process.
- Participate in internal and external audits regarding eligibility and payee data.
- Track data and run reports.
- Periodically going to county offices or other government facilities in order to resolve benefit issues.
- A Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree is required and at least 1 year of experience with social security, DSS, SNAP, and/or HEAP.
- Your NYS driver’s license must be in good standing, as this position requires usage of own vehicle. (MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION)
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.