Visiting Research Specialist
The Department of Health Systems Science at the UIC College of Nursing is seeking a full time Visiting Research Specialist position for a longitudinal study of sexual minority women’s health focusing on alcohol use. This position contributes to the design and delivery of research projects and collaborates with researchers to develop, execute and interpret research projects. Performs complex data collection and study methods.
- Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
- Formulate and conduct research studies and analyses. Performs complex data collection and study methods. Analyze and evaluate research results.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
- Develop and write advanced, comprehensive protocols.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
- Recruitment and retention of study participants
- Supervise data collection; conduct validation of interview data
- Coordinate communications and research team meetings with co-investigators from other universities and communications
- Monitor project developments and implement changes as needed
- Plan, assign and review work of staff
- Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure project objectives are met
- Develop and maintain website
- Develop Power Point presentations
- Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
- Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
- Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science preferred.
A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Experience with maintaining a database, documentation and record keeping.
- Experience with cold calling.
Please include a cover letter detailing qualifications and interest, CV/resume, and list of 2-3 professional references.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.