Liability Claims Representative
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we’re looking for an Insurance Liability Claims Representative to start a GEICO career in Richardson, TX. As an Insurance Liability Claims Representative in a fast-paced environment where no two days are alike, you will learn about insurance concepts and contracts, complex claims handling, liability disputes and settlement negotiation. You will be there for our customers when they need us most- after an accident. Accidents can be traumatic experiences, and it takes a true professional to empathize, listen and assist our customers.
At GEICO, it’s not just a job, it’s growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Insurance Liability Claims Representative can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Our GEICO Insurance Liability Claims Representative earn an hourly salary of $22.17 / hour and average two promotions within the first three years of employment
- First five to six years of your career are mapped out for you with multiple promotional opportunities
- Advance your career and become a lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
“I value the coaching and mentoring I have received to progress in my career at GEICO.” Razan A., GEICO Associate since 2013
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. Using your critical thinking and customer service skills, you will:
- Verify accident facts, determine policy coverage, and review insurance contracts
- Interact internally with GEICO departments and externally engage with claimants, body shops, medical providers, attorneys, outside field adjusters and other insurance companies
- Investigate and process a variety of insurance claims ranging from minor fender-benders to major disasters
We are looking for people with results they are proud of! Below are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree required to apply
- Good customer service skills or prior experience
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail with time management and decision-making skills but also described as someone with high energy and success-driven
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.