Public Water Plan Review Engineer
The Department of Natural Resources is hiring two Public Water Plan Review Engineer positions in the Division of Environmental Management. These positions will be at the entry, senior or advanced level depending on the applicant and department needs. Both positions will be located in Madison, Wisconsin.
In addition to many appealing benefits, the DNR offers a fun, casual work environment, flexible scheduling (depending on the position), and opportunities for career development. Come join the Department of Natural Resources where you can contribute to rewarding and meaningful work! Click here, for additional information about State Government positions.
Position Summary: These positions are responsible for the review of planning, design, construction plan and specification documents for new and existing public water system improvements and modifications, and potable high capacity, school and wastewater treatment facility wells, for compliance with the applicable statutes and administrative rules.
Minimally qualified candidates will have one of the below:
• Registration as a Professional Engineer as determined by the Department of Safety and Professional Services per s. 443.04, Wis. Stats
• A specific record, issued by the professional engineering section of the Department of Safety and Professional Services, showing 4 years or more of experience in engineering work of a character satisfactory to the professional engineering section AND satisfactory completion of the fundamentals of engineering exam
• Has graduated from a recognized college or university with a degree in a related engineering field such as civil, chemical, or environmental engineering
• Has equivalent professional training and practical experience so as to be deemed a professional engineer as defined in Department of Safety and Professional Services per s. 443.01, Wis. Stats. AND also deemed to be qualified to engage in professional engineering practice as determined by the Department of Safety and Professional Services per s. 443.04 or 443.05, Wis. Stats.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
• Education or experience in drinking water, wastewater and/or stormwater system design, construction, inspection, operation or management
• Education or experience specifically with drinking water well, treatment facility, storage facility and/or water distribution system design, construction, inspection, operation or management
• Direct state statute and administrative code and/or federal rule implementation or oversight experience
• Experience with state or federal plan review procedures