Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Systems Developer - United States
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We build software for the world's most talented thinkers. That means we need to push boundaries daily. At SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
As an Associate Systems Developer for SAS's Global Hosting and U.S. Professional Services (GHUSPS) division, you will be responsible for delivering world class operational service for all of GHUSPS's hosted and remote managed customer environments. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support and maintenance of SAS solutions across an enterprise-wide cross-platform infrastructure. Operational duties include following detailed technical instructions, documenting and logging changes, adhering to service delivery guidelines, diagnosing and resolving customer incidents, and responding to customer requests.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Global Hosting and US Professional Services, you’ll attend a multi-week intensive technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stopping, starting of application services
- Updating application licenses
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues using system data and log files
- Managing and prioritizing request/incident queues
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Strong preference for candidates with Linux automation and scripting, supporting production workloads running on Linux, or Linux systems administration
- Strong aptitude for learning and applying new technologies
- Availability for some travel
Additional Knowledge and Experience:
- Writing shell or Python scripts
- Strong analytic, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills
This position is located in our Cary, NC headquarters office.