Independent Career Agent
Sales Representative Opportunity with UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are one of the largest businesses in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life for these customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to improve the quality of our health care system.
Today’s growing retiree population is the reason you can build your own business. We’re putting a team of independent business owners into this community of retirees to help them sort through their choices and decide on the best way to protect their health. The opportunity is huge and training and support are available to help you take advantage of this occasion. Just think, before you know it, you could be an expert in one of the fastest growing market opportunities of our time - teaming up with UnitedHealthcare puts you into business with a world-class partner; the only Medicare Advantage plan that is partnered with AARP®. Run your own business with the tools, purchasing power, and resources of a Fortune 500 company, currently ranked #5. It may not be what you saw yourself doing, but it could easily be a way to see yourself growing. Find out more about how this can be the perfect start to your life’s best work.℠
The Independent Career Agent is responsible for educating Medicare beneficiaries in their community, on their healthcare options and helping them make an informed decision on which plan is most appropriate for their individual health needs. An ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for helping the aging and disabled community
- Confidence to work within your community as a subject matter expert
- Ability to quickly learn a new industry with high compliance and ethical standards
- Motivation to work in an exceptional sales environment
- Motivated professional looking for a long-term career in individual insurance sales
- Self-starter able to work within a team environment
- Compassionate individual with a passion for helping the senior and disabled population make challenging healthcare decisions. Ethical behavior and integrity is required.
- Dedication to local and national training to become an industry expert abiding by UnitedHealthcare and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) compliance standards
- Current state health insurance license or willingness to obtain a license within 30 days of contract offer
- 2+ years sales, marketing, teaching, Medicare/Medicaid or other health care experience preferred
- Experience in business planning, sales strategy and market analysis
- Portfolio sales experience
- Experience in networking within the community
- Multi lingual individuals are encouraged to apply
Take the next step towards doing your life's best work.℠
Helping People Live Healthier Lives.
At UnitedHealthcare, we serve millions of people from their earliest years through their working lives and into retirement. What unites us is our mission to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
These are extraordinary times in health care. The opportunities to help people live healthier have never been greater. Advanced data and technologies, breakthrough treatments and consumer choice are redefining what can be achieved.
We are working to create a system that is connected, aligned and more affordable for all involved. One that delivers high quality care, responsive to the needs of each person and the communities in which they live. We are also partnering with care providers, collaborating in new ways to improve patient care.
At UnitedHealthcare, we are working to play our part in creating a more sustainable health care system: one that works better for everyone.
Some of the Divisons of UnitedHealthcare:
UnitedHealthcare is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. We see ourselves as architects who collaborate with partners of all kinds to design the infrastructure of good health. We are bringing together patients, physicians, and local experts to help people meet the full spectrum of their wellness needs. And in the process, we are helping entire communities strengthen their physical, social and economic health.
Medicare and Retirement
Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is the largest business dedicated to the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. For four decades, UnitedHealthcare has served the health care coverage needs of Medicare beneficiaries, navigating through multiple evolutions of the Medicare program and
growing to become the preferred choice of more beneficiaries than any other company. Today we remain committed to providing people with a choice of innovative health and well-being solutions that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.