Environmental Justice Advocate
Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE) is urgently hiring associates to fundraise and advocate for legislation that will fight climate change and make a safe and healthy world our top priority. In these uncertain times, we need more people than ever to fight hard for societal change and safeguard our environment for generations to come. CCE is the place to begin a meaningful career in grassroots environmental advocacy!
Here at CCE we work on a variety of issues. Currently were fighting plastic and Styrofoam pollution in CNY. Not only are most Styrofoam products single use, but they are petroleum based and offer a lifeline for the antiquated fossil fuel industry. Our skilled fundraisers work to educate and organize the public in partnering with one of New York's largest and most effective environmental organizations as we fight to pass these necessary protections.
Required hours for the position are 2:00-10:30pm, Monday through Friday. We do have part time positions available with a required commitment of 3 days per week. Applicants must be able to work in the Syracuse, NY location.
· A passion for environmental and social justice issues, and non-profit work
· Progressive politics
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Fundamentals in grassroots organizing, legislation and policy reform
· Experience in communicating complex environmental issues in concise ways
· Experience in fundraising and non-profit budgets
· Networking opportunities with local environmental authorities and politicians
· Competitive pay at $470-570/week with opportunity for bonuses
· Healthcare with vision and dental
· Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
· Advancement and travel opportunities within our nationwide network environmental and social justice nonprofits
Call: (315) 472-1339 to schedule an interview today!
Citizens Campaign for the Environment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
As an equal opportunity employer, Citizens Campaign for the Environment is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.