Buildings Engineer Assistant(Job Id 13840)
Job ID: 13840
Agency: Department of Game, Fish and Parks / Office of the Secretary
Salary: $18.69 - $24.30 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GI
Closing Date: 04/21/20
This is a full-time position with the Department of Game, Fish and Parks. For more information on the Department of Game, Fish and Parks, please visit http://gfp.sd.gov.
This position prepares detailed plans that are used in advertising for bids, conducts field surveys for data to be used in preparing complete plans and technical specifications, estimates material quantities and estimated costs of projects, and inspects construction projects to verify that plans and specifications are followed.
Travel and overnight stays will be required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor's degree or associates degree in construction management, civil engineering technology or equivalent; or three years of experience in building design or facilities operations is preferred.
- modern practices of mechanical, electrical, or structural engineering;
- building construction practices and methods;
- building inspection techniques and the uniform building codes;
- conventional and automated drafting standards, symbols, techniques, and equipment;
- landscape design;
- mathematics such as basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry;
- engineering calculations and notes;
- survey data, and property plats and terminology;
- human relations sufficient to establish working relationships with coworkers and contractors.
- produce bidding documents for construction projects.
- negotiate uneven ground in construction sites;
- conduct field surveys to obtain data for use in preparing plans and specifications for desired engineering improvements;
- prepare complete and concise reports and recommendations on potential and pending projects;
- read and interpret engineering calculations and survey data, and create graphic designs from them;
- use computer drafting technology and equipment;
- mathematically calculate distances, elevations, angles, curves, cross-sections, slopes, etc., and design them to scale;
- mathematically calculate acreage and cost estimates of material quantities;
- prioritize assigned work;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, contractors, and other state agencies' staff.
Additional Requirements: Please attach of an example of CAD work product.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"