FPGA Electrical Engineer
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking an electrical engineer to perform Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) designs for high-speed sensor systems. This position will use Xilinx and/or Microsemi devices to support digital data processing for space-based imaging systems; remain on task from concept through design, implementation, test, and delivery; and work with small to large teams of talented engineers producing high quality sensors.
SDL has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
· B.S. in electrical engineering or similar field
· Proficient with VHDL or similar hardware description language
· Demonstrated experience with Xilinx and/or Microsemi devices and toolsets
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: FPGA hierarchical design, efficient data transfer, bit-level data management, or common digital I/O protocol standards
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to travel on occasion
· Experience or proficiency regarding analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion, memory interfaces, 1553, ethernet, spacewire and/or other bus implementations
· Design for space experience
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package, including:
· Flexible work schedules
· Generous annual, sick, and holiday paid leave
· A variety of inexpensive-premium, high-quality health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
· Generous employer retirement contribution (Up to 14.2% of annual gross earnings)
· Discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents
· Access to USU facilities and USU staff privileges
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.