Pre-Health Professions Advisor
The Pre-Health Professions Advisor provides career education/advising to pre-health interested students and alumni from all academic majors. Services include helping students understand and assess their interests and aptitude relative to a health professions career, major exploration, course recommendations, suggestions for gaining relevant experience, and support with the professional school application process. The Pre-Health Professions Advisor reports to the Pre-Health Professions Program Coordinator.
While previous education and experience in health/life sciences, advising/counseling, and/or student affairs is nice to have, this position is open to all majors. We are looking for people who are passionate and committed to helping our students explore and prepare for careers in health and medicine. Please visit our program website for more information: https://www.uidaho.edu/current-students/academic-support/academic-advising/pre-health-advising.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience delivering student-centered customer service.
• Experience presenting information clearly and concisely to individuals, small, and large groups.
• Experience compiling and analyzing information for leadership/administrative decisions.
• Experience interpreting and applying standards and regulations.
• Master’s degree
• Post-secondary advising/counseling experience or professional experience relevant to the health professions.
• Familiarity with/knowledge of the health professions.
• Experience with health professions advising, or advising for application to advanced education and/or professional programs.
• Proven excellence in public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho academic rules and regulations for undergraduate advising.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.