This position has vacancies in the following locations:
- Itasca, IL
- Philadelphia, PA
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American. At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country, by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere! HHS is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Join FDA and serve on the frontlines protecting our nation's public health safety within the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA). At ORA, we work in a range of program areas and locations, with 227 offices and 13 laboratories throughout the nation or around the world. Our employees inspect product facilities; investigate criminal violations; analyze lab samples; provide administrative services, and much more. Be a part of ensuring that the thousands of products we use every day are safe and effective. To view our ORA Vision, Mission, and Values please visit: https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/office-regulatory-affairs/ora-vision-mission-and-values.
These Direct-Hire positions are in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is located in the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Regulatory Science (ORS) which ORA's mission is to protect consumers and enhance public health by maximizing compliance of FDA regulated products and minimizing risk associated with those products.
Salaries may vary based on the actual location selected for. GS-12
- Itasca, Illinois: $85,935-$111,720
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $84,231-$109,505
- Accompany Agency personnel on inspections and act as a technical advisor.
- Develop or modify methods to analyze difficult, novel and complex samples.
- Review background materials, agency reports and pertinent regulations.
- Writes reports stating the results and conclusions, documenting the nature of any regulatory violations.
- Provide training for less experienced scientists on precedents, analytical methods and instrumentation related to the scientific discipline of the position.
- Responsible for quality control and quality assurance data.
Apply on USAJOBS by 4/13!
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.