Education Manager – One Refugee
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com by Monday, May 10th. Please include Education Manager - ID in the subject line.
The mission of One Refugee (1R) is to champion individuals with a refugee background by helping them, one-on-one, to obtain an education and prepare for a successful, meaningful, and professional future. 1R focuses on supporting young adult college students from a refugee background.
1R’s Idaho Education Manager will work directly with the 1R team to recruit, enroll, and manage a caseload of college students (up to 70). Major job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting: Annually recruit at colleges, universities, and communities to seek out qualified candidates and encourage them to apply.
- Enrolling: Annually review applications, provide recommendations for enrollment and conduct interviews with the Education team.
- Student case management and advising: Meet regularly with students one-on-one to develop and move forward with an education and career plan, and assess needs and determine eligibility and services (financial and otherwise).
- Relationship building: Build relationships with academic and community partners to ensure students have the connections and resources they need to succeed.
- Reporting: Follow up regularly with students and report regularly to the Executive Director and 1R Board on student outcomes.
- Event planning: Work with the 1R team to coordinate and plan events, such as workshops, celebrations, orientations, and conferences.
- Team building: Increase in field of knowledge and participate fully in team meetings and building of 1R vision and mission.
Necessary Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree necessary; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of academic advising and financial aid resources preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to counsel and mentor college students
- Knowledge of professional development strategies and resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Suites
- Experience with Salesforce platform preferred
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse populations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage time wisely
- This is a full-time, salaried position with health and retirement benefits and paid sick and vacation time
- This role will report directly to the current 1R Education Manager
- Reliable transportation is necessary
- While the role is a typical 9 am-5 pm job, some weekends and evenings are required
- The selected applicant will need to reside in Boise, Idaho region