Clerk Typist - Cannabis Oversight
The Office of Cannabis Oversight (OCO) in the City Manager’s Office is recruiting for a full-time, unclassified Clerk Typist III, who will provide reception duties as well as assist with department application review, communications, and accounting activities. The Office of Cannabis Oversight is responsible for the oversight of the City’s cannabis program and leads the citywide efforts to license, regulate, and enforce commercial cannabis activity. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is customer service driven, self-motivated, a team player, and interested in working in a demanding, fast-paced environment that is highly rewarding.
This position is funded through 2022, via a grant from the State.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Answer OCO telephone line and take accurate messages.
- Receive cannabis complaints and refer them to the appropriate department(s).
- Respond to emails from cannabis businesses, Council offices, and the public in the OCO inbox.
- Order supplies, coordinate distribution of mail and deliveries, and file documents.
- Review cannabis grant applications and issue notices to applicants.
- Assist with grant payment processing and accounting in the City’s financial system, MUNIS.
- Perform various types of data entry, and prepare written communications, including cannabis email newsletters and notices.
- Provide backup support to the administrative team.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
- Two years of progressively responsible clerical experience including frontline customer service interactions, preferably in a high-profile office.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – Microsoft Teams is a plus!
- Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Ability to effectively interface with the public and City staff, including Council Offices, and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and learn quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and prioritize assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with difficult individuals.
- Ability to be punctual, flexible, and maintain a positive attitude.
All candidates must apply online, and submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample (no more than 1 page). All documentation must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
We anticipate this being a high-volume recruitment. Make sure to follow all of the instructions and attach the listed documents.