Legal Document Specialist - Phoenix
Multiple shifts available:
Job Req 52465 Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm - 6:30am
Job Req 52615 Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm - 6:30am
Job Req 52616 Monday - Friday 12:00am - 8:00am
Job Req 52882 Sunday - Thursday 11:00pm - 7:00am
We are seeking dynamic professionals to join a team of word processing and proofreading staff located in our Phoenix, Arizona, service center. As a Document Processor, you will provide real-time assistance to clients supporting their time-sensitive project requests on your designated shift. You will work together with a team of individuals across multiple locations and shifts to provide the highest customer service and quality level. This is a challenging and rewarding position within our organization, supporting a prestigious law firm.
- Proofread complex legal documents for proper firm style, consistency, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and grammar using proper citation protocols (The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook, and the California Style Manual)
- Perform word-for-word reading of converted documents against originals to ensure accurate conversions
- Perform cross-reference checks and defined term checks
- Review tables of authorities as requested
- Check corrected proofs against markup to ensure corrections were made accurately.
- Check formatting for consistency and adherence to client specifications.
- Use standard proofreading marks.
- Create, edit and format legal documents to firm specifications using a variety of
- software applications
- Convert, clean and format documents to/from different file formats
- Create charts, graphs, tables, and spreadsheets as requested
- Create and/or edit Tables of Authorities and Table of Contents
- Perform data entry utilizing various software applications
- Transcribe analog or digital dictation files
- Restore/recover corrupted document files as necessary
- Complete all assigned jobs by the deadline in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow established policies and procedures at all times
- Perform additional duties as assigned, including but not necessarily limited to:
- File sharing and file downloading
- Court/agency filings
- Time entry
- Scheduling assistance
- Pleadings and discovery indexing
- New business intake
- File management
- Conference/CLE registration
- Troubleshooting/customer questions
- Special projects
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor's degree preferred with 3+ years experience in legal word processing or legal field.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience and exposure in any of the legal word processing tasks below would be an added advantage; proofreading, Creating TOAs, TOCs, inserting automated cross-references, converting PDFs to Word using a variety of software, applying Word styles using macros, troubleshooting problem documents including redlines and documents containing multiple numbering schemes, style separators, cross-references, and other automated fields.
- Ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proven ability to perform complex work promptly and meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to interact with the client and team members professionally and respectfully at all times
- Familiarity with legal terminology and a variety of document formats used in legal work
- Knowledge of currently used legal writing styles and citation protocols (The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook, and the California Style Manual)
- Previous experience working in a law firm as a Legal Secretary, Paralegal, or similar position
At RRD, our people make a difference every day – in production, working with customers, or behind the scenes in a support role. They know how to manage the job and exceed expectations. Founded 156 years ago RRD is a Fortune 500 company that employs approximately 36,000 people in 40 countries across the globe. For a challenging and rewarding career opportunity with an innovative industry leader, consider starting or continuing your career with RRD!
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer