Certification Team Member Vital Statistics
Certification Team Member
SALARY: $13.25 - $15.00 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 11/08/22
CLOSING DATE: 12/04/22 11:59 PM
# OF OPENINGS: 3
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for a full benefits package. See benefits tab below for details.
BACKGROUND CHECK: You must successfully pass a criminal history check.
LOCATION: Cannon Health Building 288 North 1460 West, Salt Lake City
RECRUITER: Niccole Johnson - email@example.com
SCHEDULE CODE:B - Competitive Career Service - Employment in this position requires a 12 month probationary period.
EEO STATEMENT: The State of Utah is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. For accommodations, dial 711 or TTY: 800-346-4128.
Certification Team Member
Vital Records Administration
Are you interested in starting or changing to a career with a great employer with a fantastic work/life balance?
Our Vital Records and Statistics Office Specialist will process a variety of agency documents wherein you will be reviewing for accuracy and completeness, updating information, evaluating against policy, and comparing elements for consistency or logical relationship.
We are looking for someone who understands it is more than just knowing how to file and answer a phone. You will be working with a dynamic group of like minded professionals in a comfortable setting where you will exercise considerable independent judgment to issue and amend vital records which will require advanced office skills plus an ability to utilize systems to gather and apply pertinent rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to individual customer interactions.
Why work for the Utah Department of Health and Human Services? In addition to the rich benefits the State of Utah offers, the department offers.
To learn more about the Utah Vital Records and Statistics, please click HERE. To learn more about Department of Health & Human Services and the community we serve, click HERE.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
As a valued member of our team you will be:
- Performing basic accounting functions such as receiving and recording cash payments, basic bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable
- Writing or drafting correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials.
- Typing and preparing reports or other written materials from source documents, transcription, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Customer service experience
- Experience using computers and office equipment.
- Basic monetary/payment transaction experience.
- An ability to source information and apply it to similar situations
The following experience or skills may be of benefit to you, but the absence of them will not, necessarily exclude you from consideration. The hiring manager may identify additional related skills and requirements as preferences in making hiring and promotion decisions.
- Spanish/English bilingual skills
- More than 2 years' experience with customer service
- Research/policy driven decision making skills
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- If offered this position, your continued employment will be contingent upon passing a background check and review. This check will include fingerprinting at various locations for your convenience. There will be no cost to you and fingerprinting will be completed on the first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
- Salary ranges specified reflect a minimum starting and top of range dollar amount. Actual rate per hour will be determined by evaluation of qualifications and skills of the individual and the availability of monies through budget and grants or by following DHRM rule.
- Standard Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm