AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate
AMERICORPS TALENT ACQUISITION ASSOCIATE - POSITION DESCRIPTION
675 Hour Service Term
January 10, 2023 - June 30, 2023
Department: Giants Community Fund
Reports To: Junior Giants Staff
Location: Based in San Francisco, CA (Remote applicants will be considered)
Compensation: Bi-Weekly Stipend (total of $10,800) & Education Award (total of $2,474.27 after service completion)
Positions Available: 1 AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate
- Junior Giants, the flagship program of the Giants Community Fund, is a free, noncompetitive baseball and softball program for over 23,000 underserved boys and girls ages 5-18 years old. Beyond teaching the fundamentals of the game, Junior Giants focuses on the Four Bases of Character Development - Confidence, Integrity, Leadership and Teamwork – and offers programs in Health, Education and Bullying Prevention. To learn more, click here.
- AmeriCorps is a community service program that is funded by the government and participating community partners, designed to help communities meet the specified needs in their area by recruiting and training individuals who are willing to serve in selected community projects. Service programs strengthen communities, encourage responsibility, expand opportunities for education, provide service experience, and increase life skills. For more information on AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov. To learn more about the mission of Junior GIants AmeriCorps Members, click here.
- To support the Junior Giants program by developing tools to support the recruitment and retention of AmeriCorps members.
- In an effort to strengthen the recruitment and retention of Junior Giants AmeriCorps members, the AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate will be dedicated to expanding and building the program’s capacity and providing support to their partnering organizations in order to effectively recruit and retain members.
Each season, the Giants Community Fund hires a team of Junior Giants AmeriCorps Associates and Ambassadors in select California locations to host the 8-week, summer baseball and softball program. AmeriCorps Associates and Ambassadors serve as liaisons between the Giants Community Fund and the local youth-serving agency in their designated communities and play a major role in the implementation of the Junior Giants program on the ground level. Junior Giants AmeriCorps Associates and Ambassadors work closely with both the Giants Community Fund Staff and the local league Commissioner to assist with league logistics, operations, communication, player recruitment and more.
The AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate will work with the Junior Giants team to expand community outreach, build a social media presence through regular content creation and promote the transformational impact of the program on populations with whom they work. This position will also focus on helping partner agencies become more efficient and effective through increased community awareness, resulting in an increase in volunteer and national service participant interest, retention and new partnerships with institutions of higher learning and local business/foundations.
Identifying and implementing effective recruitment strategies to increase the capacity of Junior Giants is a significant component of the AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate role, as are the creation and execution of retention strategies, planning for and hosting recruitment events and developing ways to build and appreciate partnerships.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- The AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate will provide capacity building support to the Junior Giants team, as defined by the achievement of the following outcomes:
- An increase in program capacity
- An increase in AmeriCorps member applications received
- An increase in number of AmeriCorps member slots filled
- All member activities will aim to collectively raise awareness of national service opportunities statewide as well as strengthen the ability of the host program to adequately serve their beneficiaries by leveraging all slots awarded. Overall, the AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate will be charged with creating and refining systems to recruit and retain quality AmeriCorps members
- The AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate activities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Being a representative of the Giants Community Fund and the Junior Giants program when working with community partners, local colleges, etc.
- Gathering and maintaining updated information on the application process and timelines for the program
- Supporting program staff in identifying, developing and fostering partnerships to increase outreach to potential AmeriCorps Members
- Participating in any California Volunteers recruitment initiatives on behalf of the program
- Expanding community outreach through presentations at colleges and career fairs
- Building upon a social media presence through creative content creation and coordination with partner agencies
- Ensuring the program’s website is up to date for recruitment purposes
- Ensuring the program’s service opportunities are posted on Volunteer Match/CV’s Californians For All platform
- Ensuring the program’s information on CV’s website is up to date and of a high quality
- Developing other marketing materials for recruitment purposes
- Tracking and maintaining data regarding progress towards achieving project outcomes
- Creating and implementing strategies to keep AmeriCorps Alumni engaged in promoting national service
- Conducting weekly check-in meetings with program staff to set goals and touch base on progress toward target outcomes
- Providing follow-up information or support to potential candidates or applicants
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Clearance of a background check
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with diverse populations and age groups
- Proficiency with Zoom and communicating in a virtual setting
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable transportation to in-person events
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service
- 25-35 hours per week, flexible schedule to serve January - June 2023
- Selected applicants will be required to attend a virtual interview in December 2022
BENEFITS OF SERVICE
- AmeriCorps Talent Acquisition Associate may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
Individuals seeking service opportunities with the Giants Community Fund are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. All are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply, applicants must complete the online application via the following link: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7111603/2023-Junior-Giants-Talent-Acquisition-Associate-Application