EduFresh - Product Launch Marketing of RBT Training Course Commercialization
EduFresh is an online training and professional development tool for teachers and other school faculty. All content was created by researchers at the University of Utah and has been placed in a Learning Management System so users are able to access the courses.
Students on this project will work with EduFresh in a business development project to assist in commercializing the Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) 40-hour training course. A 40-hour training course is required to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). EduFresh’s RBT 40-hour training course meets the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BACB) requirements. The difficulty for prospective RBTs is that for someone to complete the certification their course must be overseen by a BCBA. The business assumption students will be working with is that current BCBAs would like to offer a pre-built course so that they can just "oversee" the RBT students and get paid to be the certifying expert of the RBT training. Students will test this assumption by researching a marketing strategy to "white label" the course to current BCBAs or schools with BCBAs so that they could have a "business in a box" that would allow the BCBAs to take on RBT trainees as clients and charge for the certification course and services.
This project includes:
- Identifying potential use-cases or business cases for commercialization
- Determine one or two commercialization strategies
- Validate / test strategies through email campaigns, social media, conferences,
- newsletter, calls etc...
- Work with the investment team to refine channels, messaging, and product development
- Propose recommendations after testing commercialization opportunity
- Collect and analyze feedback from past or current RBT users
Goals and outcomes of this project are:
- Identify and map out a commercialization strategy
- Who to reach out to
- How to contact them
- What messaging to use
- Assist with the signing up and acquisition of the first 8+ BCBA pilot users/customers
- 8 more, the EduFresh product will appear on the BACB website
(between 1-5 students hired)