FEMA Program Analyst
Salary Range - $57,118 - $125,851 per year (IC-09 to IC-12)
These are full-time position based on renewable 2-year appointments.
In this position, you will serve as a Program Analyst in the Region Two Recovery Division. Typical assignments include:
- Performing qualitative and quantitative research and identifying data trends to recommend changes in program operations.
- Collecting, producing, and analyzing operational data developed during major disasters for the purpose of identifying trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement.
- Compiling, assembling, and classifying statistics from source materials, compute statistical data, and verifying authenticity of source materials.
- Preparing external and internal documents to establish and disseminate information.
- Providing advice and recommendations regarding program planning and funding management issues.
Combination of education and experience
You qualify for this position at the IC-12 level (starting salary $84,928) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-11) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Drafting and implementing programs or policies;
- Providing technical advice or guidance to management or stakeholders; and
- Analyzing programs to provide recommendations for improvements to leadership.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your application must show that you meet all requirements for this position. You may be found “not qualified” if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
NOTE: If you are using the USAJOBS Resume Builder, please insert the dates of employment in MM/DD/YY format at the top of the “Duties, Accomplishments, and Related Skills” text field for each period of employment included on your resume.
Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position. You must successfully pass a background investigation. Travel will be required. You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card. Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.Please review "Other Information" section for additional key requirements.
The qualification requirements listed below must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. You qualify for this position at the IC-09 level (starting salary $58,564) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-07) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Evaluating organization programs and activities to resolve issues;
- Analyzing reporting data and performing trend analysis; and
- Assisting with preparation of presentations or reports.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D.
Combination of education and experience
30 vacancies in the following locations: