Youth Messaging Digital Design – 356289
Do you enjoy designing content for youth that inspires, delights, and teaches? Do you want a chance to use your professional skills to create content that points people towards Christ? Do you like the pace of social media and other digital content? If so, this internship might be a great fit!
We are currently hiring for positions during September–December. This paid internship is for a four-month period, 40 hours a week, with medical benefits included. The position is located at the Church Office Building in Salt Lake City, UT, but may allow for remote work depending on arrangements made at the time of hire.
This digital design internship involves planning and creating content for the Church’s digital channels for youth, including the Strive to Be Instagram and YouTube accounts, as well as the Gospel Living app. We are looking for someone who can create in both youthful and inspiring ways—someone who can help youth tell their stories and delight the audience with fresh ideas. Candidates should be eager to join a creative and fast-paced work environment with plenty of opportunities to write, design, and publish.
The intern needs to demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking in creating engaging design. Assignments may include interviewing youth, making videos and reels, curating playlists, writing video descriptions, and helping optimize SEO and social algorithms. A background or interest in graphic design, illustration, advertising, motion graphics, videography, or social media marketing is a plus.
To be eligible for this internship, you must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university, or have finished a degree within a year of starting the internship.
While we are open to all majors, we are particularly looking for those studying communications, advertising, design, social media marketing, or other related fields. Here are additional things we look for:
- Sound understanding of Church doctrine and a love of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- At least one year of college-level graphic design experience.
- The ability to think creatively.
- Juggling skills! The ability to manage many projects and multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- A careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professionalism and the ability to work well with a variety of people.
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter
- A resume that includes a link to your digital portfolio
- Digital portfolios should:
- feature samples that exhibit excellence in editorial design and communication
- demonstrate your role in page layout, graphic design, illustration and photo selection, and implementation of editorial philosophy
- include any additional experience with digital media, animation, and video content creation
Find more information at bit.ly/ChurchMagsFall2023