Liahona Design – 356291
The Church magazines offer editing, writing, and design internships three times a year. We are currently hiring for positions during September–December. The internship is 40 hours a week for the four-month period. Medical benefits are offered. Position is located at the Church Office Building but may be from home, depending on arrangements made with hiring staff at time of hire.
The Liahona design intern participates in the design and production of multiple articles for Church print and digital magazines. The intern is mentored in all aspects of design, including observation, collaboration, visualization, conceptualization, art direction, and implementation. Candidates should exhibit excellence in editorial design, visual communication and production for magazines and be proficient in the use of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Applicants for this internship must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university, or they must have recently finished a degree from an accredited college or university (within one year of beginning their internship).
Applicants must also be available for video conference interviews.
Applicants who are working toward a degree in graphic design or have taken classes in graphic design are preferred. Other qualifications include the following:
- At least one year of college-level graphic design experience
- Experience in editorial design communication and production
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Sound understanding of Church doctrine, history, organization, and policy
- The ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- The ability to give careful attention to detail and sustain concentration for long periods of time
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter
- A resume that includes a link to your digital portfolio
- Digital portfolios should:
- feature samples that exhibit excellence in editorial design and communication
- demonstrate your role in page layout, graphic design, illustration and photo selection, and implementation of editorial philosophy
For more information, go to bit.ly/ChurchMagsFall2023