Programs Manager, College Links
INROADS is a non-profit organization that creates pathways to careers for ethnically diverse high school and college students across the country. We position our graduates to advance in their careers and we help employers foster diverse and inclusive workplaces.
INROADS envisions a world where leaders enrich the composition and culture of business and social communities through diversity and inclusion.
The mission of INROADS is to deliver innovative leadership development programs and creative solutions that identify, accelerate and elevate underrepresented talent throughout their careers.
The role of the Program Manager will execute, implement and manage the College Links and Leadership Development programs in a designated market(s).
As a critical member of the College Links team, the incumbent must be passionate about fostering personal, educational, and leadership development skills among traditionally-underserved students. The Program Manager will interact with program participants, manage daily program operations, and work to ensure the delivery of quality programming to ensure a positive and fruitful experience for program participants and stakeholders in accordance with the College Links strategic plan. To succeed in this role, you should have a strong understanding of the high school audience and the college and internship experience, with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills. You must also have the ability to initiate relationships and build rapport with community organizations, corporate sponsors, INROADS staff and other stakeholders. The Program Manager works under the direction of the National Program Director for College Links and will also support the execution of national College Links initiatives.
Under the Leadership Development team, the incumbent will be the primary point of contact for placed interns and client’s on-site team. In addition, support the national recruiting, alumni, strategic account management/business development, and fund development initiatives and other related responsibilities. The position reports to the Regional Director, Programs. Ideal candidates will have strong relationship management skills, career coaching capabilities and comfort in engaging people at all levels. They will be goal-oriented and confidently drive towards desired results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COLLEGE LINKS PROGRAM
1. Conduct recruiting outreach activities to students, parents, school administrators and community members
2. Oversee the scholar application, interview and acceptance process for the local market
3. Evaluate and coach a portfolio of high school scholars through the College Links curriculum and code of conduct
4. Plan and execute program activities, including but not limited to: mandatory program orientation, monthly development workshops (Saturday workshops approximately 4
hours each); a one to two week Career Academy & Externship in June (may be held locally or nationally); National Day of Service activities in June; Culmination Event in June/July; Virtual Mentoring Sessions
5. Secure venue space, catering and A/V equipment for all activities
6. Arrange for transportation for programs and events
7. Facilitate and/or secure facilitators, instructors and guest speakers for programs and events
8. Consult and coordinate with INROADS representatives and partners as needed, including internal departments (finance, development, talent acquisition, etc.)
9. Establish and maintain contact with College Links scholars and their parents
10. Recruit, train and maintain relationships with mentors
11. Build relationships with local employers for job-shadowing experiences
12. Document program expenses
13. Develop accountability system (attendance and participation) and track student progress
14. Administer pre-, mid-point, post- and workshop surveys to program participants
15. Participate in monthly College Links staff calls
16. Draft and submit monthly and final reports and maintain and submit accurate student rosters
17. Participate in in-person College Links staff meetings as needed
18. Submit copy, materials and photos to support marketing and communications initiatives
19.Support for National College Links Initiatives
20. Provide program, administrative and logistics support for national program initiatives as needed
21. Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned to meet national initiatives
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Drive intern relationship management processes to ensure that acquisition, growth, retention, servicing and conversion goals are met. .
2. Facilitate the collaboration between National Talent Acquisition Group (NTAG), Talent Management and Strategic Account Management/Business Development and other Program Managers to drive CRM.
3. Develop intervention strategies for “At-risk” Interns and review with Regional Director.
4. Create and execute plans and solutions in collaboration with Talent Managers and SAM/BD Team.
5. Build relationships across regions to facilitate intern management.
6. Lead orientation sessions with clients on INROADS Corporate Development Team processes, policies, roles and best practices.
7. Update progress for each corporate client in database monthly regarding students’ Career Development Competency Plans, key projects, mentor and executive engagement and career opportunities. Build relationships with interns; advise and coach interns regarding their professional, personal and academic growth and goal-setting.
One (1) year grant funded.
Hiring for multiple locations: Cincinnati, OH, Detroit, MI, St Luis, MO, Salt Lake City, UT and Charlotte, NC
$44,000.00 - $55,000.00 annually commensurate with education and experience
INROADS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, INROADS pledges to take the necessary action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, employment, training, disciplining and/or terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or other reason in accordance with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations which prohibit discriminatory personnel practices.