Are you an agile professional who has experience issuing occupational and regulatory licenses and permits in a municipal setting?
Do you want to continue to thrive and grow in your experience, training and education?
Want to become part of an efficient, dynamic department where you will learn how City Government functions?
THE CITY OF LEAWOOD, KANSAS is looking for a
Why you should apply to be a part of the City Clerk Team at the City of Leawood as the Licensing Specialist:
- The City of Leawood is in an exciting and dynamic period of internal growth and we are looking at how to expand the City Clerk’s office.
- Come on as the Licensing Specialist where you will get to issue occupational and regulatory business licenses and permits, animal licenses and permits and learn from the City Clerk on how City Government functions and apply this information to aid in making meaningful changes at the City of Leawood.
- The City Clerk Team is an efficient department made up of five employees; City Clerk, Assistant City Clerk, Administrative Services Assistant, Licensing Specialist, and Communications Manager. The team challenges and supports each other to grow personally and professionally.
- The City Clerk Team strives for excellence in their service to each other, fellow employees, the Governing Body and ultimately the citizens of Leawood.
Additional Information: The City of Leawood offers career development opportunities in which the employee could increase their experience, training, and pay. The position is eligible to receive merit based pay increases every year (merit increase up to 3.9% increase) and opportunities to continue to grow in the Human Resources field. Employees also receive a Time In Service Bonus every three years of employment on their anniversary date equal to 5% of their annual salary.
Summary of the Position: The Licensing Specialist is responsible for the issuance of occupational and regulatory business licenses and permits, animal licenses and permits, and providing administrative support for the City Administrative Services Department.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the review and issuance of new and renewal occupational and regulatory business licenses including Drinking Establishments, Private Clubs, Caterers, Retail Liquor sales, Cereal Malt Beverage sales, and temporary liquor sales. Prepares monthly Cereal Malt Beverage Stamp report for the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Responsible for the review and issuance of new and renewal Massage Therapist and Massage Establishment Licenses. Coordinates with the Police Department and Code Services Department on background checks and inspections.
- Responsible for the review and issuance of new and renewal specialty permits and licenses including Solid Waste, Beekeeping, Special Animal permits, and pet licenses.
- Responsible for balancing revenues derived from occupational and regulatory business licenses, Massage Therapist and Massage Establishment licenses, specialty permits and licenses, and animal licenses.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed filing systems and records related to occupational and regulatory business licenses, Massage Therapist and Massage Establishment licenses, specialty permits and licenses, and animal licenses.
- Provides support, information and direction to employees, residents and the public regarding the City Clerk’s office, Governing Body and general licensing questions about the City. Responds appropriately to inquiries regarding the City of Leawood.
- Assists the City Clerk in carrying out various administrative programs and processes.
- Acts as notary public.
- Serves as a back-up to the Administrative Services Assistant.
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree in Business Management or related field, preferred. Must have experience working in a fast paced administrative environment and a desire to learn and apply complex business processes and municipal codes, as necessary. Experience in issuing and maintaining business or commercial licenses, utility billing or permits in a municipal setting preferred. Must be or have the ability to become certified as a Kansas Notary Public. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per the City’s drivers Use of Vehicles for City Business policy throughout employment with the City.
Accepting Applications through Monday, June 26, 2023
Starting Rate of Pay: $22.73 To $27.28 / hourly, DOQ
(This is a non-exempt benefits eligible position.)