Intern, MARKETING (Spring 2024)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will not be considered after December 1. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
EXPECTED DURATION: 12 weeks (part-time; up to 21 hours/week)
PAY RATE: $12/hour
LOCATION: We’re pleased to consider applicants who will be physically located in and who will have a local address in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia for the duration of their employment. The Foundation does not offer fully remote work for any positions. Applicants who reside in any other state would be required to be physically located in and provide a local address in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia prior to starting work for Wolf Trap Foundation.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75 percent of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e. calculator, copier, printer, etc.)
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, bend and reach with arms
- Lift/move up to 10 pounds infrequently
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Learn the ins and outs of marketing for a nonprofit arts organization in a diverse role that helps drive ticket sales and attendance, while assisting in promotions, events, and more. You will assist with the creation and implementation of advertising campaigns including grassroots outreach, direct mail pieces, email marketing and more.
- Gather marketing assets from artist management to help support summer season show announcements and on sales.
- Research grassroots marketing tactics to drive ticket sales
- CRM list generation for email marketing, flyer distribution, promotions, etc.
- Assist with summer brochure distribution campaign
- Occasional involvement with Wolf Trap promotional events
- Event Calendar Listings on external websites
- Request, proof, and submit campaign deliverables across multiple marketing channels (print, digital, out of home, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Creativity, initiative, organization, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of the Washington DC media market and understanding of the performing arts patron a plus
- Marketing students (or related area of study) preferred
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check.