Health Communications & Writing Intern
Global Liver Institute is looking for a Health Communications Intern who will work closely with our Communications Department.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Health Communications and Writing Intern will support research-driven and written elements of GLI's communications programs and will report directly to the Communications Manager.
Intern would work in some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Conduct preliminary brainstorming, research, and writing for internal and external communications related to liver health initiatives
- Assist in the creation and distribution of accurate, engaging written and visual content for several channels, including social media, monthly newsletters, blog posts, and web pages
- Track, analyze, and initiate coverage or distribution of global liver health updates, policies, and advancements.
- Support department in organizing and promoting educational events, webinars, and educational campaigns.
- Develop recommendations for topics and questions of live-stream interviews and webinars personalized to guests and relevant to campaign goals.
- Edit written materials for grammatical accuracy and consistency in voice
- Aid in the creation of communications strategies, including potential partnerships and activations, to raise awareness of liver health on an international scale.
- Preferred degree of study in English, communications, media, marketing, advertising, or health-related field
- Knowledge and/or experience with virtual learning and remote work
- Fluency in Google Workspace
- Wordpress, MailChimp, and Canva knowledge is a plus
- Passion for nonprofits and health advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent team player with ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across the team and with external stakeholders.
- Superior organization and leadership abilities