Marketing & Social Media Internship - Spring Term
*This can be a fully remote, in-person, or hybrid internship.*
An internship with The World Music Foundation provides real-world music business experience under knowledgeable, professional supervision while you tangibly advance our nonprofit mission of opening minds through music! …no busy work or fetching coffee here.
Our offices are located at 1227 W Devon Ave, Chicago. Just 1 block from Loyola University's Lakefront campus.
We're currently accepting applications for the position of Marketing Intern.
You will learn about and gain real-world experience in the following areas:
- Managing WMF social media accounts
- Creating promotional materials
- Assisting with lead generation for music programs
- Growing and maintaining mailing lists
- Nurturing corporate partnerships
- Designing and managing Google Ads campaigns
- Building and maintaining brand awareness and brand loyalty
- Project management related to creative output
Please be clear and upfront regarding your capabilities and what you hope to learn and improve upon. We do not expect you to be an expert in any area, but it’s helpful to know where you have considerable experience and also where you do not, so that we can be as helpful to you as possible.
We are very committed to training and mentoring the right candidate and you will be working closely with our Executive Director, so there will be ample opportunity for both.
- Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Business, or Music Majors preferred
- Fantastic communication skills in-person, on the phone, and over email
- Creative problem-solving abilities and research skills
- Attention to details and highly organized
- Graphic design ability is a big plus, but not required
Whether or not we ever meet you, it may be helpful to remember that it’s exponentially easier and more fulfilling to work hard at something when you are excited about the product or service; please keep this in mind before applying for this music-related position.
Best wishes in your journey; contact us if you feel that you're a good fit!