Job Title: Publishing Associate
Location-Type: 1X a week Hybrid (Tuesdays) \hours:9-5pm 30-38 hours per wk
Start Date Is: January 2024
Duration: 18 month contract w/opt to extend
Compensation Range: $19-$20
IF INTERESTED EMAIL UPDATED RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
The Journals Publishing Associate performs editorial and administrative duties to support the nursing and healthcare journals publishing department (Vice President, Director, and Publishers) as applicable in the daily management of peer-reviewed professional journals, societies, and editorial offices. This position would be ideal for someone interested in publishing and social media marketing as it relates to healthcare content dissemination. The role is hybrid because the Journals Publishing Associate will be required to work one day per week in the Client's Philadelphia office to assist the team.
Day to Day:
- Entry level position - Internship Experience Welcome
- Supporting 5 Publishers
- Supporting journal/publication websites from admin perspective – will be trained on how to log on to their platform to update copy, update website components, create article collections. Will be taught the system & will be given the content.
- Reporting – they will be trained on how to pull info from their database and put it into templated reports, double-checking it makes sense
- Coordinator role, apprentice type role learning what a publisher does
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in English/Writing, Communications or Marketing
- Must be Detail Oriented
- Experience working in any CMS System (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, Squarespace, Wix, Ghost, etc)